OCEC Scholarship Information - DEADLINE TO APPLY is MARCH 15, 2022
The Otero County Electric Cooperative Education Foundation awards scholarships to graduating high school seniors and returning-adult students who will be attending an accredited New Mexico University, College or Vocational / Technical school each year. All eligible applicants are encouraged to apply.
Higher Education Scholarship (4-year College or University undergraduate program)
Vocational / Technical Certificate or Associate Degree Scholarship (2-year, accredited program)
A $1,000 scholarship will be paid in the fall of the school year for which the scholarship is given. The initial scholarship award may be renewed for an additional seven consecutive spring and fall semesters. The ability to renew the scholarship is contingent upon meeting the enrollment status and passing grade requirements.
• 4-year Undergraduate and 2-year Associate students must be enrolled full time (12 or more credit hours) and maintain a 2.50 grade point average based on a 4.00 scale for renewal.
• Vocational / Technical students must be enrolled full time and maintain a passing grade for renewal.
Scholarships will be awarded on the basis of funding availability and the applicant’s eligibility. Checks will be made payable to the school and will be distributed to the school by OCEC.
1. Available to active members receiving service from Otero County Electric Cooperative, Inc. and their immediate family. (Renters are eligible and must provide proof of electric service reimbursement for 12 months.)
2. Scholarship to be granted to attend an accredited New Mexico University, College or Vocational / Technical school. Applications that indicate out of state schools are not eligible and will not be given further consideration.
3. Economic need of the applicant will be given secondary consideration during the selection process.
4. Applications must be received or post marked no later than March 15ᵗʰ. Late or incomplete applications will not be considered. Awards will be announced within sixty (60) days of this date.
1. Applicant must provide an official transcript from the school the applicant has most recently attended.
2. Applicant must demonstrate a coherent degree plan and the willingness to pursue a course of higher learning. (Essay)
3. Applicant must be of good character as evidenced by at least three (3) signed letters from teachers, principals, counselors, community leaders, employers, etc.
4. All applicants are encouraged to provide official test score sheet from either ACT or SAT testing, if taken. Additional consideration will be given to applications with ACT or SAT scores.
5. The scholarship award winner must enter college in the fall of the school year for which the scholarship is given.
OCEC Member Cooperative Scholarship provided by Basin Electric Power Cooperative - DEADLINE TO APPLY is FEBRUARY 15, 2022
An additional scholarship opportunity for OCEC members is made possible by Basin Electric Power Cooperative (BPEC). Click below for a brochure with additional information and application. Please note there is a different deadline for this scholarship. Applications for the BPEC scholarship received after February 15, 2022 will not be considered.
Send applications for both scholarship opportunities to:
For additional information, please contact
Kelley Sanders at (575) 682-7606 or firstname.lastname@example.org.